Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlt2445

I get an error saying CRA won't accept my return due to connection issues. I tried multiple times for two returns; one I got a conf email (TurboTax said it wasn't filed)

21 Replies
Alba

I get an error saying CRA won't accept my return due to connection issues. I tried multiple times for two returns; one I got a conf email (TurboTax said it wasn't filed)

Sorry I don't have an answer but the same thing happened to me when I tried to file this afternoon. I also only got 1 confirmation

akerner72

I have had the exact same problem, 1 filed one will not go through
jdease123

I just tried to file two; neither would work and getting the message: " We couldn't find an internet connection or the existing connection either timed out, disconnected, or experienced an error. Check your internet connection and try again."
tmulzer1

I just had same problem.  Also tried manual NETFILE, and it also did not work.
Alba

Yes! I also tried both ways. Does this affect the number of Netfile returns we have if it is a system error?
TaxTime2

Same here. Tried with 3 different returns with the same error.  Also tried manual NETFILE and that did not go thru.  Is it a NETFILE or Turbo Tax issue????

same problem here, also tried disable anti-virus and firewall, they have to fix this and should not count the number as it's defect from them

I`m having the same problem! I tried to file through TurboTax and manually through Netfile, same internet connection message. Any tips?

same problem :( i check CRA for netfile maintenance / the service being down, but didnt see anything posted. I attempted 2 times and received the error messages, on the third attempt the tax return went through and I received the confirmation. So I thought great its working now. When I went to netfile the second tax return, the error message popped up again. I then decided to try the manual netfile alternative and still got the error message there.

From the manual netfile I got:
"We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return. Response Type: PENDING. You have two options: Try submitting again.
Note: You only have 5 attempts to NETFILE your return before the CRA will lock you out.
Close this internet browser window and recheck your tax return. "
From the automatic netfile.
"Error: "Your transmission did not go through. Your internet connection may have been disconnected at the time of transmission"

I really hope these don't count? I'm scared to try a fifth time - I've never been locked out by CRA, so no idea what that would entail to resolve.. whether its with TurboTax or with the CRA. Yikes.