Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avia8tor

I keep getting asked for spousal return when I filled out the in formation i said i never married

3 Replies

I keep getting asked for spousal return when I filled out the in formation i said i never married

If you were married or common-law last year and transferred your details into this year's return, there's a section in the open screens that asks if anything has changed since last year (marital status is one of the options presented). If you are no longer married or common-law, choose that option and then choose the option to prepare only your return.

If you did not transfer your details from a "coupled return", start a new return on the Return Manager screen. On the screen that asks your marital status, select Single. There's no way to properly change a marital status in an existing return once you have gone past that stage. You'll need to start fresh.

femflyer

I don't have Manager screen
femflyer

i was never married