Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kennlee66

I want to file my taxes however I want to file for the low income but I’m on osap how can I file without the osap application

3 Replies

I want to file my taxes however I want to file for the low income but I’m on osap how can I file without the osap application

As per our TurboTax article A Comprehensive Guide to Handling OSAP Loans and Taxes   OSAP loans aren’t considered income for tax purposes; you don’t have to claim them on your taxes while you’re in school. However, once you finish school and start paying off your loans, you can claim the interest you pay as a tax credit.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

kennlee66

Okay but I want to file for the wsib that’s y I don’t want to involve my osap on it will the CRA deny it?

Are you speaking of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) or the Canada Workers Benefit (CWB)? 

If you are speaking of the CWB please note as per our TurboTax article How to Apply for the Canada Workers Benefit   You’re not eligible if you are a full-time student at a designated educational institution (unless you have an eligible dependant) or an officer or servant of another country (a diplomat, for example), or if you’re a family member or employee of that person.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.