Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssaint86
Returning Member

Internet Filing for Alberta corporation using TurboTax Business Incorporated

Hello, 

When I selected AB as the Jurisdiction for my corporation, I get a warning that the software does not support Internet filing? Is this correct? Or is the warning misworded and it is only if the gross revenue is over $1 million?

3 Replies

In TurboTax Business Incorporated the Alberta AT1 in RSI format can only be printed and mailed to the Alberta government. If you have revenue of over $1 million, you will need to electronically file your return so you will need to find another program to do this.

If you need assistance with TurboTax Business Incorporated or preparing your incorporated business tax return (T2), you can contact the dedicated support team using the chat here: https://public-consumer-chat.app.intuit.com/app/ccs/consumer?experienceId=ttbInc. Agents are available 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST, Monday to Friday.

You can also visit the Intuit Profile support site. TurboTax Business Incorporated is based off Profile software.

ElFluffy

I had the same question. The warning that pops up in the software is not worded very well. I am incorporated in Alberta. My revenue is less than $1M annually. What I understand from the reply to the original poster's question is that I can use TurboTax Incorporated and will be able to efile to the CRA, but will also need to mail the AT1 to the Alberta Government. If I do this, I will not be subject to a $1K penalty. Do I have that correct?

@ElFluffy If your company's gross revenue is less than $1 million it is not required to net file its Alberta AT1 Returns.