Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wctaxguy
Returning Member

Is there still an issue electronically filing Quebec returns for 2023 ?

5 Replies

You should be able to file now. If you can't, please let us know what error message/code you are receiving.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

wctaxguy
Returning Member

This has not been resolved by TurboTax.  It took a phone call to Revenue Quebec to find out that first time filers & new residents to Quebec must submit a paper return.  This is not one of the conditions set out in your list of reasons why one cannot file electronically.  I cannot understand why this has been ongoing for over a month.  We certainly did not receive value for the month paid for this software & the inordinate amount of time spend with various parties to make this correct.  Of course the refund is being delayed for many many weeks.  I will be looking at other electronic filing software for my entire family for the 2024 filing year.

There was an issue with RQ filing which was fixed. Yes, if it is your first time filing a return you must mail it in. It works the same in both Federal and Provincial returns. We apologize that it wasn't made known to you. It should have given you an error code or message when trying to NetFile your RQ return.

wctaxguy
Returning Member

I did get an error code but it referred to a whole bunch of other issues but not one where a first timer could not file.  There was no issue first time filing Federally.  Additional I spent at least 90 minutes on the phone with your customer rep & went through every page of the filing.  She knew it was the first time filing & never did state that as an issue.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with our phone support team was less than optimal.  

Next year you will be able to file both Federal and Provincial returns.