Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's my first time filing taxes in Canada. I heard that I'd need to do it by mail and hire an accountant. Does Turbotax have this service?

1 Reply

It's my first time filing taxes in Canada. I heard that I'd need to do it by mail and hire an accountant. Does Turbotax have this service?

As per our TurboTax article: Tax Filing Tips for Newcomers to Canada

As a new Canadian, you will have to print and mail your first income tax return to the CRA.  Next year, and all the following years, you will be able to file your income tax return electronically through NETFILE. The great news is that Canadians use TurboTax to prepare their taxes because not only is TurboTax Canada’s most popular tax preparation software, but it was created to guide you through the preparation of your tax return from start to filing (or printing and mailing), and you do not have to be a tax expert to use it. If you feel you do need more assistance, we have that covered as well with our LIVE team of experts.

All you have to do is answer simple questions about your life and the software will do all the heavy lifting for you, such as checking over 400 possible credits and deductions for you automatically. TurboTax lets you prepare your return confidently and accurately.

For more information please view our TurboTax video: Tax Tips for Newcomers

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.