Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssnswan

Last year I completed my return on TurboTax but didn't file it. When I opened my account the return the 2021 return isn't there. Do I have to start over and if so how

3 Replies

Last year I completed my return on TurboTax but didn't file it. When I opened my account the return the 2021 return isn't there. Do I have to start over and if so how

Yes. If you want to start over, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns” in the left side menu.

You may wish to see our TurboTax FAQ before you start a new return: Why can't I find my TurboTax Online return?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax!

ssnswan

But if I redo 2021 now will turbotax record it as my 2022 return?  Did turbotax simply erase what I did before?

You can file your 2021 tax return by going to this TurboTax webpage and choosing 2021: File past years' taxes. For 2022 filing you need to go to use a different return by going to this link: https://ww1.2022.turbotaxonline.intuit.ca/signin?_swlg=en

You may wish to visit our TurboTax FAQ to see if you can find your past return: Why can't I find my TurboTax Online return?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax!