Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line 744: Adjusted Aggregate Investment Income

On Schedule 7, there is an apparently new section (1/3 the down Schedule 7, it says: "if this is your first tax return after 2018, complete the following portion"). 

It first asks about eligible capital gain/losses from previous tax years.  (not applicable to me)

Then it asks for:
Total income from Property (for each tax year ending) in the preceding calendar year - even though I have been using TurboTax Incorporated for many years, the software didn't carry anything forward from the previous year.  So I opened my tax return ending Dec 2018 and put in the value (interest earned by corporation in my case).  It didn't seem to affect my tax payable for this year and I don't understand what this new information is for.  Any insights from others would be appreciated.

2 Replies
kerrybrook
Returning Member

I'm stuck here too. I don't have anything to put in. A small amount of interest from 2018 but no investments, capital gains or property. I can't file until I figure this out.

What does it mean "is this the first tax year starting after 2018"? The first time the corporation has filed ever, but after 2018?

Anyone who understands this and can help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for contacting TurboTax for your Business Incorporated tax questions. 

Please be advised that our Profile team are responsible for responding to your concerns and help troubleshoot your issues. The links & Information provided below to advise how to contact them directly:

Their hours of operation are from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm Eastern Time.