Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nlfchan

My spouse has a T2202A, to be transferred to me, but after having entered all the information in our couples filing, why does the credit does not appear in my tax return?

3 Replies

My spouse has a T2202A, to be transferred to me, but after having entered all the information in our couples filing, why does the credit does not appear in my tax return?

Did you have tax owing before the transfer? Which version of TurboTax are you using? Is it Online or is it the CD/Desktop edition?
nlfchan

It's showing tax refund. I am using the online version.

If you don't have tax payable, then the tuition transfer won't be used because it's a non-refundable credit. You can only use the amount to lower your taxes (to zero if possible), you can't use it to create or increase a refund. https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3502173