Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netfile Error Message - Work from home expenses

Hi there, 

My return is complete, I go to file and I get this error message. 

"Specify the employment income you want to claim employment expenses on for working at home due to COVID-19. This can be done by selecting ‘yes’ to transferring employment income to form T777S in the applicable T4 slip"

The problem is when I go into the T4, there is no option to select yes in the T4.  I have selected "yes" to Will you claim employment expenses for working at home due to COVID-19 for income on this T4?  given that is the only option to select yes in turbo tax. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this error? 

7 Replies

I am getting the same error message. I have tried to not claim this because I want to file. I have said yes and no. I have spent hours trying to figure this out but cant. 

Courtney

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

Any actual solutions for this?  Any post related to this all I see is "call us".   The original purpose of Turbotax was to be uncomplicated and able to be done without having to talk to someone.  There has to be something we can do to fix this error.

The only issue I can think of is I filled out some stuff before I upgraded to the self-employed version and then I can't change those previously filled out things because it's on the free version... If that's the case, that should have been caught during Quality Assurance testing.

In the same situation :(

I found this... https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/self-employed/discussion/re-net[product key removed]-...

I'm trying to use the "find" feature to search the specific forms and checking for different spots where information is added that shouldn't be.

Let me know if you find anything or figure it out.  I'll be on this until I get it sorted.  currently on hold with TT support with a greater than hour wait time.  :(

47 mins on hold and counting.  Have looked everywhere - think it is a glitch with the program as had no trouble submitting spouses return and she also had work from home expenses to claim. 

@kld12duggan I sorted mine out.  I am self employed so I had to select both t2200 & t2200s and zero out all the data that somehow ended up in there and then deselect the previous option that allowed me to select those...  I was able to netfile just now.

I don't know if that will work for you, but it might help you find out a solution.  Good luck!

and yeah, I was around an hour and twenty minutes on hold.... Hang in there!