Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geewiz

NETFILE error: Single and I updated CRA well in advance, it will NOT let me file my taxes. On my CRA account I am single so I have no idea why this error is here.

Hello,

I updated the CRA at the end of 2021 that I had gone from Common-law to Single, right when it had occurred and I am filing my 2022 taxes late. NETFILE insists that there is an error, that I am not Single and it will not allow me to send out my taxes through there. I have no idea why this is and would love a solution so that I may get this organised.

Thank you in advance for any help.

1 Reply

NETFILE error: Single and I updated CRA well in advance, it will NOT let me file my taxes. On my CRA account I am single so I have no idea why this error is here.

If you were living common-law then separated, this means you are now separated and not single.

As per the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)-"Separated means that you have been living apart from your spouse or common-law partner because of a breakdown in the relationship for a period of at least 90 days." "Single means that none of the other marital statuses applies to you." 

If this is the case, you will need to contact the CRA to confirm/correct your marital status with them before being able to Netfile. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.