Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netfile error

I am getting a Netfile error when I’m trying to send off my taxes. I was able to send my husband’s okay but when it comes to mine, I’m getting an error and I don’t know how to fix it. I hope one of you can figure this out for me. The error reads: “Income: Self-employment income that doesn’t qualify as earned income for RRSP purposes. This income will not be included in your RRSP deduction limit for: Income reported due to the gains on the disposition of eligible capital property from a business you carried alone or as an active partner.” Then after that there is a box to put an amount in it but it says, if this doesn’t apply to you, leave it blank. That didn’t work.

I only have a small home-based business, no partner, no RRSPs, no gains on disposition of eligible capital property. Does anyone know how to fix this? I’m thinking a checked a box that I shouldn’t have or put something somewhere by accident. I’m hoping this is just an easy fix.

Thanks a million!!

1 Reply

Netfile error

If you are still having issues with successfully NetFiling, please reach out to us directly. Include any TurboTax or NetFile error messages you may have received, as well as letting us know if you are using TurboTax Online or installed on your computer via CD/Download.

You can contact us by private message on one of our social network channels. Facebook/Messenger Private Message or Twitter Direct Message.

You can contact our Support Team by following the link below and in the field that says "Ask your question", type in "your question" and you will be directed to an agent that can assist you. TurboTax Customer Support