Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snyder14
Returning Member

CARE (Childcare Access and Relief) Credit

I had childcare expenses for my 2 children from licensed childcare centres. I was then asked about a "supporting person is a person other than (one of) you". but the question at the bottom is "Did all eligible children have the same supporting person(s)?" which doesnt make sense to me, because my children have no other support person but me and my husband. Shouldn't it be DO they have a support person?

Confused about how to answer this correctly. 

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am SOOOOO irritated by this. I can't even find the option not to claim this credit so I can move forward with my return.

Like you, my children have no other support persons other than my spouse and me. So if you click yes to  "Did all eligible children have the same supporting person(s)?" the system asks you how many other people there are caring for your child. If you click 'no' you are then asked to input information that clearly doesn't apply.

HELP!! How do you remove this credit?

jjayavel

I am facing the same issue as well! Does anyone know how to fix this? In my case, i am a single mother and I am the sole person who paid for the Daycare expenses.

I am having the same issue as well.  And depending on what I select, the amount of my refund changes drastically.  I'd love to know who a "supporting person" is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I've called into TurboTax support recommends that you call in for support as everyone's situation will be different.

However, in my case given that I am certain the CARE Credit doesn't apply to me, the solution was to leave everything blank.

Hope this helps!

Arc37

Also stuck on this page as there is no option to choose that you don’t have any “supporting person” looking after your child. So frustrating, has anyone got a fix for this

If you’re the only supporter, then you would just check (you).  Go to the end of the return after, print the PDF copies and review you ON429A and ON429 form to confirm.