Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lorijjansen
Returning Member

How can I see a full Review:Error message when the message is incomplete and the Fix button doesn't go anywhere?

Message says "Specify the employment income you want to claim employment expenses on for working at home during Covid-19. This can be done by selecting "yes" to transferring employment...."
6 Replies

How can I see a full Review:Error message when the message is incomplete and the Fix button doesn't go anywhere?

You can fix this by going back to your T4 slip and answering “Yes” to the question “Will you claim employment expenses…” at the bottom of the page. You can get back to your T4 Slips by clicking on Find (magnifying glass) in the upper-right corner of your screen. In the Find window, type in “T4” and select “T4 Employment Income”. Click the “Go” button. Click “Edit” next to the T4 you want to change.

lorijjansen
Returning Member

There is no T4 slip, just a T4A for commission income. There is no box to check for working at home expenses and it is not Covid related as this is always a home office (realtor).

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

I get this Error "Specify the employment income you want to claim employment expenses on for working at home due to COVID-19. This can be done by selecting ‘yes’ to transferring employment..." and the Fix by selecting 'yes' at the bottom of my T4-slip did not correct the Error.  HELP!!

VIRU

I am having the exact same issue.

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.