Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve filed my 2018income tax with CRA for my BC-based business. However, 1% of my sales were to Quebec, and Revenue Quebec has requested a 2018 filing. Can TurboTax assit

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I’ve filed my 2018income tax with CRA for my BC-based business. However, 1% of my sales were to Quebec, and Revenue Quebec has requested a 2018 filing. Can TurboTax assit

To access the Quebec forms, you would need to select Quebec as your province.

The Quebec return goes to Revenue Quebec instead of the CRA, so when you get to the end of your return, you can just choose to submit your Quebec return. It has its own NETFILE button separate from the Federal NETFILE.

View solution in original post

In Quebec, you get a deduction for income earned on a reserve. You can enter your net business or professional income, retirement income and investment income earned on a reserve on Line 293 on the TP-1-V (Quebec version of the T1).

This Revenu Quebec page lists all the lines on the TP-1-V that concern First Nations members (Indians registered under the Indian Act:( https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citizens/your-situation/first-nations-members/income-tax-first-nation...

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Yes, you can use TurboTax to file just a Quebec return. However, because of the way the Federal & Provincial forms are intertwined in the software you would need to enter most (if not all) of your Federal information again.

We also only have TurboTax Download (for Windows) products still available for 2018. You can see what we have here under the 2018 tab: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax/software/prior-year-taxes

Hi Susan,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply—I really appreciate your help!

I just have a quick follow-up question: Should I file a new tax return specifically for the Quebec income and expense portions, as you mentioned? Also, in the Province and Residency section of TurboTax, when it asks, "What province/territory did you live in on December 31, 2018," should I choose Quebec or BC? Just to clarify, I have never lived in Quebec, as mentioned earlier.

Thanks again for your assistance, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,    Reza

To access the Quebec forms, you would need to select Quebec as your province.

The Quebec return goes to Revenue Quebec instead of the CRA, so when you get to the end of your return, you can just choose to submit your Quebec return. It has its own NETFILE button separate from the Federal NETFILE.

Hi Susan,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply and for your helpful guidance. I truly appreciate your assistance!

Best regards, Reza

Hi Susan,

Thank you so much for your help with filing the income tax for Quebec Province—I really appreciate your guidance!

I have a question regarding my situation as a self-employed individual.

I'm Indigenous and my sales income is generated on a reserve.

As such, I'm income tax exempt for both my BC provincial and federal taxes.

Could you please advise me on how I should reflect this in TurboTax when preparing my Quebec income tax, Specifically, which part of TurboTax should I indicate my status as an Indigenous person with income tax exemption?

Thanks again for your assistance!

Best regards, 

In Quebec, you get a deduction for income earned on a reserve. You can enter your net business or professional income, retirement income and investment income earned on a reserve on Line 293 on the TP-1-V (Quebec version of the T1).

This Revenu Quebec page lists all the lines on the TP-1-V that concern First Nations members (Indians registered under the Indian Act:( https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citizens/your-situation/first-nations-members/income-tax-first-nation...