Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DM51aux

Re: Turbo Tax Maryland State Tax Submission Up-Dates Corrections

Recently Submitted my Turbo Tax Premier Fed / Maryland 2019 Tax Forms & noted that my Maryland Refund was in error.  Upon checking my Maryland Tax Return Forms I noticed that there was no Maryland 502 SU (Subtraction from income) submitted resulting in a significant error in my state refund ( as well as the associated entry in the associated Maryland Form 502.  As a Retired Military Officer (Navy) age over 55 receiving retirement I can claim a $15000 exemption of military retirement pay on my Maryland Taxes via Form 502 SU. That income was correctly included in the Fed return in previous  years but not in the Maryland return this year as a result. Last year there was a check question  on this subject in the Turbo tax Premier Package ("Yes" - triggered the subject in the State Return). That question was no longer in that Fed package this year. It was not included in the Maryland package either. I believe that this is a Turbo Tax omission error and must be corrected ASAP so that I can submit a corrected tax package.  Please have this update incorporated now. Please advise me that a correction in Turbo Tax ha/will be made ASAP (As Soon AS Possible).

Thank You,

Richard M,  (Retired)

#[phone number removed]

<email removed>

2 Replies

This is the support site for the Canadian TurboTax. For assistance with U.S. versions of TurboTax, please visit: https://ttlc.intuit.com/
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Do you show a subtraction on Line #13 of your Maryland Form 502?  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"