Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to purchase more returns, I still have 6 available.

Spent 3 hours of my life with Turbo Tax Support trying to purchase 1 additional return for Home and Business, visited the same error message screen at least 8 times!  (surprise the error message never changed).   I have used a total of 13 returns(12 over $25K and 1 under $25K) need 1 more over $25K but get message that I have used up my allotment???

Judging from the comments this is not a unique issue, yet the support folks are completely in the dark on this problem.  This is indeed very frustrating.    I have encountered more quality control issues this year than any other year.  Had to supply another service request with screen shots(similar to others).....why is this issue not resolved and why are the front line service people aware of this issue.  Making your front line support team aware of issues pending can save time for not only your customer but your support teams as well.

Take ownership for this issue and get it resolved!

PB

I agree 100%, this is the first year I have ever had issues with the software.  As you mentioned the first tier support is not aware, my first contact wasn't even aware you could pay 19.99 to do another return for over $25k.  I think that is something that should be addressed as well, I do some volunteer taxes and CRA offers free tax completion for $35k for single person and $40k for a family. 

The issue I reported on last week "Unable to Purchase Additional Returns" has been fixed in an update on April 16.  There are some key learnings Turbo Tax should take note of going forward, specifically:

1. Improve your internal communications between your problem resolution team and your front line support.   This can be achieved by adopting a more robust "issues/bug log- which is constantly updated and made available to your front line CSR's daily.  The log must me updated daily(by the IT resources team) with status of issue.   By doing this your CSR's can provide feedback to your customers on status of reported issues without  putting your clients on hold.

2. When updates/patches  are pushed to your clients, consider stating in the "message" what the update is fixing 

3. Adopt industry standards (KPI's/SQI's) on resolving issues.  This issue has been identified several weeks ago with fix on April 16.