Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
English EN

Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

RRSP AND Food & Rent tax claim

Hi there 
I am a student in Canada. I filed my tax through turbotax this year. How wan know how RRSP work. Secondly, I am living in a house and pay rent to my landlord, how i can put my these expenses in my tax return. 

1 Reply

RRSP AND Food & Rent tax claim

Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) are a way to save money for when you retire. You can contribute to one while you are working, and get a tax deduction for those contributions. This blog post has more info on RRSPs: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/how-do-registered-retirement-savings-plans-work-5526


You can only claim the rent you paid on your taxes if you live in Ontario, Manitoba or Québec. If you live in one of those provinces, you’ll find the place to enter your rent in the Provincial section of the EasyStep interview.