Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjk1001

Schedule 3 warning on filing

I get this warning when trying to file my taxes: On Schedule 3, indicate if you disposed of a property that was owned for less than 365 days.

Cannot find where the error is being generated. Clicked through the tax return and have NO checked for having sold any property

9 Replies

Is there anything on Schedule 3? Do you have any T5, T5013, T4PS, T3 or T5008 slips?

kjk1001

Yes. I have a T5 in my return. From my high interest savings.

Double check that you've entered everything on the T5 slip correctly. 

Also, if this message is a warning (not an error), then you can ignore it if it doesn't apply to you. 

Stan2636

I have the same problem and I cannot summit online, it does not allow me to continue until this is fixed.

@Stan2636 If this message is a warning (not an error), then you can ignore it if it doesn't apply to you. 

megs6161

Go to Forms mode, Search for form Schedule 3, Scroll to the bottom there is a question that asks if you flipped say NO there and error will go away

I am getting this Error in the online version and there I don't know how to change schedule 3.

sold a property less than 365 days after buying it

@johnbillwishart What is the exact message that you are getting? Is it an error or a warning? Did you claim the property as your principal residence?

Sorry I figured out he answer, so I am not able to copy the entire error now.

Although I use the online version for it's convenience, when an error is created it is stupidly difficult to get back to the exact spot the error was made.

Please raise the issue that having no access to "Forms"  in the online version disallows personal trouble shooting,

I found the error under Income / Residential Property Flipping / For any property (or right to acquire a property) you sold, did you own it for less than 365 days before selling it?

This question defaults to "yes" which is to my mind wrong.

Being lazy and using the "Robot " to ask questions leaves big gaps in my memory of where the error might have been made by ME.

Bring back access to Forms so I can see the detail.