Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since the e-file doesn't open till Feb 19 will my return I did go automatically? I'd like to delete/stop it as I took it elsewhere

1 Reply

Since the e-file doesn't open till Feb 19 will my return I did go automatically? I'd like to delete/stop it as I took it elsewhere

TurboTax uses NETFILE not E-file, and it also will not automatically send your return.

You can delete the return if you have not filed it. If you have other returns in your account, select “View All Tax Returns” from under “My Returns”, and delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can 🗑 next to it (or “Delete” under the return name). If there is no trash can next to the return that you want to delete, then open another return. Now when you go back to “My Returns” you should be able to delete the unwanted return.

If this is the only return in your account, you’ll need to start a new return before you can delete your existing one. To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns”. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Tax Returns” from under “My Returns” and delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can 🗑 next to it (or “Delete” under the return name).