Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software error for T4A

When I input data from T4A I received for CERB financial assistance in TurboTax i filled in box 200 for the amount of $1530 and in box 22 I entered $153, the amount of tax deducted.  when i completed my taxes, an error message kept coming up saying that you must "'fix error in T4A. Reporting income tax deducted without any income.'"  I go to the fix but nowhere does the amount from box 200 come up.  So it states that I cannot Netfile and must mail my return.  I have been Netfiling for years.  It seems in the review page, it only shows the amounts from box 14 and 22 for the T4A but doesn't show box 200 where the income is.  Yet in the forms method it does.  Is this a glitch and if so when can i get a message saying that its been corrected so that I can continue to Netfile?  CRA does not have a drop box due to Covid and I don't want to pay to mail the return.

1 Reply

software error for T4A

Please contact us by phone for more assistance with this issue. To talk to our phone support team, visit https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/ . After entering some basic info about what you need help with, the page will give you the phone number for the team best suited to help.