Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry Turbotax, I think I figured out what's going on....

Sorry turbotax, my first time using the online version so I got confused.  Last night I first tried to do my tax for myself and my wife, and I chose to option "for me and spouse", but on the next page I selected "filing separately".....so that's why I got confused why I input all sort of things and finally did not get to see my wife's PDF.  I paid 19.99 at the end.

Today I tried to do a new return, this time I chose "for me and spouse", AND, chose "Do returns together", this time it makes a lot of sense, and I get to a point that I need to pay $39.98! That makes sense now.  I believe this will generate two PDFs!

The problem....is....can I get a refund to my original 19.99?  I will not file that return by all means, but it's a mistake.  I also could not figure out the way to make "redo" the interview again for that return so make turbotax understand that I want to do both spouse's and my return....

Help is needed.

2 Replies

We're sorry to hear you are having this issue. To help you we will need more information. Therefore, could you please meet us by private message on Facebook or Twitter to see how we can help you further?

Sent a message via FB Messenger. Thanks