Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S67Clarke

Staycation Tax Credit

I am trying to Netfile my return which includes a staycation tax credit. Turbo Tax is giving me a message that there is new information about the staycation tax credit that is not included in this release and that I should not Netfile until the next release is issued. Trouble is is that there is no indication of when that will be. I called customer service who said they had no idea. Does anyone have any information on this. Now my return, and a substantial rebate is held up. 

I understand that changes happen but I would think that Turbo Tax would be able to give some estimate instead of holding their customers in limbo like this!

5 Replies

Staycation Tax Credit

A fix for the Staycation credit should be available by the end of this week.

Staycation Tax Credit

There's a long line up for a fix and we're all held up waiting.  There's multiple threads in this community on the same topic, I'm scanning through them for updates.  Last one I'm aware of is they're sending out a release on March 2 that will correct this problem so we can all file.  I've been running check for updates in TurboTax on my machine and there's been none to date.

Staycation Tax Credit

Hi Susan, we were advised the release was scheduled for March 2nd, is it delayed now?  There's a large number of unhappy users right now, those expecting refunds are delayed in filing due to this problem.

Staycation Tax Credit

Further to my comment, I can clearly see a completed staycation tax credit form in my return.  Is there an issue with your code that won't submit the file format CRA needs correctly?  I don't understand the issue.  CRA states these forms were publicly released some time ago so not sure why the software can't handle returns submitting this tax credit.

Staycation Tax Credit

The update has gone live. You should be able to file with the Staycation credit on your return now.