Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1135 Netfiling

Does Turbotax automatcally file the T1135 return along with the T1 return when netfiling or is there a separate process?  When I Netfiled I only received one confirmation back and it did not specify what return(s) were filed.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

T1135 Netfiling

For anyone else that has this issue, mine was due to the fact that I did not use easystep and just went straight to the forms method of completion.   Even though I had completed the T1135 form, because the easystep question related having foreign investments was not answered, the software does not prompt for filing a T1135 return.  Once I went back and completed the easystep questions and said I have foreign investments over $100K, the software then prompted me to netfile the T1135 return.  It's a glitch that needs fixing.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

T1135 Netfiling

No, you must file the T1135 separately.

T1135 Netfiling

I did not get an option to netfile the T1135 after filing my T1 return.  I am not sure how to process the filing for my T1135.  Is there a helpline available?  

T1135 Netfiling

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online? You should see the option to file your T1135 on the same page where you can NETFILE your return.

If you would like to contact our phone support team, you can call them at 1-888-829-8608.

T1135 Netfiling

I am using the downloaded version of TurboTax Standard 2023.  I did not get an option to file my T1135 at the time of netfiling my T1 return.  I will call the helpline to try and resolve.

T1135 Netfiling

For anyone else that has this issue, mine was due to the fact that I did not use easystep and just went straight to the forms method of completion.   Even though I had completed the T1135 form, because the easystep question related having foreign investments was not answered, the software does not prompt for filing a T1135 return.  Once I went back and completed the easystep questions and said I have foreign investments over $100K, the software then prompted me to netfile the T1135 return.  It's a glitch that needs fixing.