Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo tax on my daughter,s return says I can tranfer$4177 to my return but when I do mine it tells me I can transfer $9092 which is right

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbo tax on my daughter,s return says I can tranfer$4177 to my return but when I do mine it tells me I can transfer $9092 which is right

For tuition credits, both the student and parent's need to match. The amount designated to transfer amount and the amount accepted as a transfer. The correct amount should be the one calculated on the student's return, there will be a separate federal and provincial amount.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Are you referring to Tuition Credits?

Sorry yes I am referring to tuition credits

For tuition credits, both the student and parent's need to match. The amount designated to transfer amount and the amount accepted as a transfer. The correct amount should be the one calculated on the student's return, there will be a separate federal and provincial amount.