Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

Français English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

Turbotax filling of US capital gains

I have sold stocks from a private company in the US; I understand I will be paying taxes in the US and also that to report in Canada the taxable capital gain has to be 100% instead of 50% due to the nature of the company transaction. Can TurboTax in any of the service forms deduct the taxes payed in the US and adjust the taxable capital gains to 100%?


If yes, which product would work and how could the capital gain be adjusted if it is set by default to 100%.