Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

Have tried a few times to file, but the process stalls half way and generates the subject message.  

I am on hold to talk to someone (very poor autoattendane by the way)...with an expected wait of an hour.

At this point, I think I would like my money back.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

Got the same issue:

The Canada Revenue Agency is experiencing technical difficulties and is unable to process your return at this time. Please try again later. The NETFILE transmission service may be closed for scheduled maintenance.
Please visit the NETFILE website. NETFILE

Was told by CRA that they have discovered an internal issue and are working on it.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
chuckjane

I have the same problem - I called this morning and they said to try again around 4pm today.

Thanks for that,...i am still on hold (minute 65...)...did they say what was going to change by 4 pm to enable Netfile?

biffster1
Returning Member

I'm having the same problem. Could it be that their server is backed up because the Netfile service just became available to day and thousands of people are all trying to file at the same time?

still on hold ... (minnute 120)...trying to get that exact information - why.

But in the end, the capacity of Turbo Tax should map to the demand from clients it charges money,...

GMdog1966

Just got off the phone (47 min wait) with CRA's e services help line, which you can't call directly.  They informed me that after checking my account via my SIN, they can see no submissions on my behalf.  They have received nothing from me so far.  I have submitted my file 5 times since 2:30 this afternoon.  They gave me the e file help desk number which is [phone number removed].  The line is open until 6:30 pm EST.  Since none of my attempts are not showing on their end, I have not used any of my magic 5 attempts.

The rep said that sometimes the software provider (Intuit) gets backed up and is unable to forward a tax file to them.

GMdog1966

Don't bother calling the e file help desk.  All they did was direct me back to the general toll free help line.

Anyone have any luck with this?  My wife's went through and mine got this error message.

biffster1
Returning Member

I've been trying every 15 minutes since 8am this morning. I'm not getting locked out by Netfile (I've used my 5 attempts about 100 times now). Either their server is backed up or Turbo Tax is not connecting... I'll try again tomorrow, but it looks like I will have to mail it in.... I paid $20 for this program so that I could use Netfile... looks like I won't be a return customer. 

Make sure you have updated turbo tax.  I had the same problem.  Say yes to the initial message about configuring your PC