Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I add medical expenses paid with my HSA/HCSA provided by my work benefits?

My husband has a regular health care benefits plan with his job that covers us and our kids.  I, on the other hand, have a HCSA or HSA provided by my job's benefits plan. So, for any medical expense or remaining amount of medical expenses not covered by my husband's plan, I claim against my HCSA/HSA account. Where do I report the amounts claimed against my HCSA/HSA account? 

For example, If I paid 100$ for a medical expense and my husband's plan reimbursed 80$, I know that I have to put 100$ in the "Amount" field and 80$ in the "Less:reimbursement" field but where does the remaining 20$ goes?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where do I add medical expenses paid with my HSA/HCSA provided by my work benefits?

If the medical expenses were reimbursed or paid for by any kind of insurance or employer supported plan, then you can't claim the expenses. You can only claim the expenses that you paid yourself out of pocket.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If the medical expenses were reimbursed or paid for by any kind of insurance or employer supported plan, then you can't claim the expenses. You can only claim the expenses that you paid yourself out of pocket.