Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for your quick response!

Thanks for your quick response! I know I will claim my RRSP and deduct the HBP portion as annual repayment. But I'm confused that my total income has increased by this $1333 amount. In the past, I don't get this income, but I still repay HBP. Is there any way to wipe out my turbotax online account for 2015 so that I can manually input the T slips, thanks again!
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your question.

To delete a return you've already started, please follow the steps below:

1.     From the top, right-hand corner of the screen, click Tools.
  2.     Click Return Manager.
  3.     Click the Create A New Return button.
  4.     Choose your TurboTax version.
  5.     Click Tools again and then Return Manager.

You will see the active return you just created and the return in which you entered your tax information. Beside the return with your information, you will see a Red X to delete the return. Simply click Yes when you are asked if you are sure you want to delete the return. Your tax return information will be completely removed from TurboTax.ca

*Please note, if you have information which you would not like to carry forward, you will need to choose to skip the import step.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Thank you for your question.

To delete a return you've already started, please follow the steps below:

1.     From the top, right-hand corner of the screen, click Tools.
  2.     Click Return Manager.
  3.     Click the Create A New Return button.
  4.     Choose your TurboTax version.
  5.     Click Tools again and then Return Manager.

You will see the active return you just created and the return in which you entered your tax information. Beside the return with your information, you will see a Red X to delete the return. Simply click Yes when you are asked if you are sure you want to delete the return. Your tax return information will be completely removed from TurboTax.ca

*Please note, if you have information which you would not like to carry forward, you will need to choose to skip the import step.

Good morning,
Mohammed has a great response on your other post: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1333620-i-have-a-question-on-my-rrsp-income-it-shows-...
You don't need to start over as long as your RRSP deduction limit is entered and you have selected HBP repayment, your 1333 will not be allocated to your income.
If you would like to start over, Sara has offered the perfect step by step guide.
Thank you

Yes, I noticed the RRSP income field is blanked out after I input the HBP repayment, thanks again for your assistance, really appreciated!

You are very welcome.