Filing

@TurboTaxSusan Thanks for that info - I didn't know that about the status change and I assumed Separated status was only after someone was previously married (licensed and all that). I've since changed it to Separated and that resolved the error. I wish the TurboTax error was clearer in that respect. I'm unable to update my CRA profile with that status, though - there is no option to do so, and that was part of my original confusion.

I actually called the TurboTax customer service and screen shared with the assistant about that issue before you replied here, and they told me that everything looked fine and that I should just "ignore" the error... 😑

"The way you answered it originally told the program that you were common-law *starting* from March 2022" I don't think that was the case here... but maybe I wasn't clear with the TurboTax text. The form now reads (after my status change to Separated in a previous form): "Date your marital status changed to separated: (dd/mm)" [with the date].

In any case, I still find it very odd how my return dropped by about 2/3rds after I put in my former partner's info since we were separated for 10/12 months of last year. Maybe starting from scratch instead of importing from the previous year will confirm the numbers I saw before, or maybe that was a bug that was fixed in a recent update.