Netfile Message: We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return. Message from the CRA: NETFILE submission was already confirmed. Not letting this second submission pass through. Do a REFILE.

Hey peeps!

How is everybody doing? Hope all is well!!

I am having an eventful tax return season in 2022. I am stuck at the message in the title ( We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return. NETFILE submission was already confirmed. Not letting this second submission pass through. Do a REFILE.) Nothing I do will fix this. I called in to Turbo tax and honestly wasn't really thrilled with the support I got. I was told to just call CRA. So after that call to CRA ( nothing sent to them or anything wrong) I figured I would start a new claim over. So I deleted my first claim ( don't do that) and started one anew. So I get to the end and try to file. Guess what. Please pay.....(AGAIN)  so since everybody is closed etc. time of support no longer available I bit the bullet and paid again... and low and behold I get the same message. 

I am not here to support Turbotax's phone game habit. I would hope somebody can help me out on here.