Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I load the CD version of Turbo Tax on 2 different computers. I have just purchased a new laptop as my old one is beginning to die. But old one has old TurboTax.

I have old tax filings using TuboTax going back to 2007 on old computer but I'm afraid old computer is on its last legs. I have purchased a new computer but I would like to load the CD version of TurboTax, that I just bought, on both machines

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I load the CD version of Turbo Tax on 2 different computers. I have just purchased a new laptop as my old one is beginning to die. But old one has old TurboTax.

Yes, you can install Turbotax CD / download on 2 PC's with 1 user license.

You will still only be able to file the allowed number of returns based on the product type.

Hope this helps!

Christine

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Yes, you can install Turbotax CD / download on 2 PC's with 1 user license.

You will still only be able to file the allowed number of returns based on the product type.

Hope this helps!

Christine

Thanks

If you can locate the 2014 tax file and export it to your new machine, you should be able to carry forward.

Usually found in documents and then a turbo tax folder.

You can use a USB stick to transfer it.

AG50

Where do I find the 2007 download link

@AG50 Unfortunately, as of 2023, we no longer support version of TurboTax before 2016.

If you still need information from an older return, you can get it using the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)’s My Account service. You can also contact the CRA at 1-800-959-8281 to request the information.