Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering the cost of $39.98 for TurboTax Deluxe I'm not sure it's worth it to claim a few hundred dollars in Union Dues. Should I bother?

My Union dues add up to $610 total, not sure the refund on my taxes would be equal to or higher than the cost of $39.98 TurboTax Deluxe
1 Reply

Considering the cost of $39.98 for TurboTax Deluxe I'm not sure it's worth it to claim a few hundred dollars in Union Dues. Should I bother?

You can try preparing your tax return without your union dues, then make a copy and add the dues to the copy. That way you can see if adding the dues makes a big enough difference to your return to justify the $40 cost of TurboTax Deluxe Online. Then you can file the return that you prefer.

To make a copy of your return, sign into your TurboTax account, and then find the return you want to copy. then click "Copy" under the return name. You may also want to rename the copy so that you know which is which.

FYI: Depending on what else is on your return, you may still need to upgrade. Please see these TurboTax FAQs for more information:

Who can file for free using TurboTax?

Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?