Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA Result Code: 32 Our records indicate you are not filing an income tax return for the first time with the Canada Revenue Agency.

3 Replies

CRA Result Code: 32 Our records indicate you are not filing an income tax return for the first time with the Canada Revenue Agency.

Please verify that you have answered the question correctly at the beginning of the interview as seen in the images below. If you have previously filed a return before, you need to click on NO.

TURBOTAX ONLINE - You will find this by going in the left menu and clicking on My Info then ___Canadian citizenship to then open this screen. Make sure to click Continue at the bottom of the screen to save your change.

TURBOTAX DESKTOP/DOWNLOAD

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I am filing for myself and my wife. But my wife is filing for the first time and we still got this CRA Error code 32 saying that the records show that my wife is not filing for the first time.. Please how doe we go about filing the tax for her?

If you have sent the CRA information about her income for the past 2 years they may have her information on file and consider it as being an income tax filed. Go back and update your answer for your wife saying that this is not her first time filing, and it should be fine. We advise you to contact the CRA at 1-800-959-8281 to see what they advise you and you can let us know. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.