Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do your transfer 2022 tax information from and old computer to a new computer, as my 2023 Turbo Tax is in a new computer

14 Replies

How do your transfer 2022 tax information from and old computer to a new computer, as my 2023 Turbo Tax is in a new computer

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

I purchased from online every year from Intuit. I have changed the computer and all my previous years tax information is in my old computer. I need 2022 info to upload in my new computer for 2023

If you are using TurboTax Online, then you can just login to your account on your new computer to see the PDFs of your previous tax returns.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, then you will need to copy your tax return files from your old computer to a USB drive, or a cloud storage system. Then use the drive/cloud storage with your new computer and copy the files there.

What is the file name that I need to copy and transfer from old computer to new computer

They would have yours and whoever else's name as the file name.

By default, TurboTax stores files in this folder: C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\TurboTax

tammypl

My question is I have the documents, the actual copies of tax returns copied but require the programs from previous years.  I have already paid for them all.  Do I need the actual programs to look at returns from previous years?

Please use our TurboTax FAQ to choose your already purchased 2022 Standard Download software. Where can I get the Download edition of TurboTax? We have sent you an email to the email address associated to this account, with your previous license code. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

tammypl

Thank you, I've gotten both 2022 & 2023 reloaded.  Is there a way to get 2020 & 2021 too?

We have sent you an email for your 2021 and an email for your 2020 to the email address associated with this account. Please save the emails for future use.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.