Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to remove DUPLICATE - DO NOT SEND BY MAIL watermark from downloaded form? I do NOT want to download the condensed "CRA official" version mentioned by other answers

I have a very complex tax situation that the original condensed T1 return cannot address, and the Intuit software does not handle - I must mail a long return with handwritten amendments to the default values on the printed copy. CRA guidance also mandates that I add extra handwritten notes on top of the schedules, plus additional printed attachments. However, when I try to print my complete tax return along with all schedules, they come out with a DUPLICATE - DO NOT SEND BY MAIL watermark on them. I read the other answers in this forum and they all advise the OP to download the condensed T1 return instead of the long form version, but I can't do this in my situation, because I'm required to file the long form version. How do I remove the watermark?
3 Replies

How to remove DUPLICATE - DO NOT SEND BY MAIL watermark from downloaded form? I do NOT want to download the condensed "CRA official" version mentioned by other answers

The printed version or your return can only be produced in one of two ways a) the condensed version which CRA requires or b) the PDF version that will have the watermark. If you need to make manual notes/adjustments to your return, the best course of action is to print both and send the complete package to CRA. 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2648070

this solution doesn't work. I even tried selecting option `Print copy to be mailed to CRA'. It still printed the watermark.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

The condensed version has a code bar on it. CRA uses this code bar to unlock the long version on their side including all the schedules used to complete your return. 

As mentioned in the previous answer, you can print the condensed form without the watermark, print the PDF form with the watermark, attach all required handwritten amendments to both copies and mail them to CRA.

For clients who are using the online version and not qualified for Netfiling, you won't be able to print the condensed form without a watermark until you pay for the return by using your activation code or paying by a credit card.  

If you still have issues after following this process, please contact our support line: 

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

I hope this was helpful