Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am confused about thd online version. I usually buy the $29.99 program and i can do multiple returns at that cost. If I do it online, I have to pay $15 each?

I have a university student i need to do first and then ours how does that work when I have to pay each time?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am confused about thd online version. I usually buy the $29.99 program and i can do multiple returns at that cost. If I do it online, I have to pay $15 each?

If you are using TurboTax Online, you can do multiple returns, but you must pay for each return you file (unless you use Free). There are discounts for spousal returns if you are preparing them together in Premier or Self-Employed. But your information is safely stored on our secure servers, and you can log into your account from almost any device that has a full modern browser (Windows, Mac, etc…). If you use one of the paid versions (not Free) your data will be stored for 3 years – up to 7 years if you continue to use the paid products. This makes it easy to transfer your previous year information into your current year’s tax return, or to look back at an older return.

If you are using TurboTax Cd/Download, you pay the one price for however many returns are included. If you buy TurboTax Premier Cd/Download from our website you get 12 returns for $74.99. You can add extra returns for $15 each (All prices subject to change without notice). It’s Windows only, and you have to buy & install a new version for each year. You need to keep the software for a particular year installed or reinstall it if you want to look at that years return in a future year. The tax files are stored on your own computer, so you have to remember to back them up and keep them safe. TurboTax Cd/Download can also transfer your previous year information into your current year’s tax return, and you can import information from Quickbooks Desktop.

TurboTax Cd/Download also gives the option to see the actual forms, while TurboTax Online only uses the Easy Step interview (no forms). TurboTax Cd/Download Free & Basic are forms only.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If you are using TurboTax Online, you can do multiple returns, but you must pay for each return you file (unless you use Free). There are discounts for spousal returns if you are preparing them together in Premier or Self-Employed. But your information is safely stored on our secure servers, and you can log into your account from almost any device that has a full modern browser (Windows, Mac, etc…). If you use one of the paid versions (not Free) your data will be stored for 3 years – up to 7 years if you continue to use the paid products. This makes it easy to transfer your previous year information into your current year’s tax return, or to look back at an older return.

If you are using TurboTax Cd/Download, you pay the one price for however many returns are included. If you buy TurboTax Premier Cd/Download from our website you get 12 returns for $74.99. You can add extra returns for $15 each (All prices subject to change without notice). It’s Windows only, and you have to buy & install a new version for each year. You need to keep the software for a particular year installed or reinstall it if you want to look at that years return in a future year. The tax files are stored on your own computer, so you have to remember to back them up and keep them safe. TurboTax Cd/Download can also transfer your previous year information into your current year’s tax return, and you can import information from Quickbooks Desktop.

TurboTax Cd/Download also gives the option to see the actual forms, while TurboTax Online only uses the Easy Step interview (no forms). TurboTax Cd/Download Free & Basic are forms only.

I am not seeing this option you indicated on your response

If you buy TurboTax Premier Cd/Download from our website you get 12 returns for $74.99.

The menu says $34.99 per return so where do I find this Premier version?

You can choose to use TurboTax Standard Online and get 8 returns for $34.99 - by clicking here.

I bought the Premier version at Costco - I don't like it - I have always used the desk top version and it is more user friendly.  This one if you have a small business - you cant actually see the schedules until after you file the return.  Also I read additional returns after the 12 should be $15 but mine sez $34

Im trying to see if I can have both desktop version and online version on same computer