Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bwarman14

I am getting invalid industry code and the website link to the code does not work. Will this issue be fixed soon?

why isn't the statistics canada page with industry codes working. i can not complete my return as is says invalid industry code.
8 Replies

I am getting invalid industry code and the website link to the code does not work. Will this issue be fixed soon?

It seems there is some outage for this website but you can refer to the below link and download the CSV excel sheet, and you can search your industry code. 

https://www.statcan.gc.ca/en/subjects/standard/naics/2022/v1/index 

Please find attached the screenshot for more detail. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

CaroP

I'm having the same issue- not self employed- but keep getting an error regarding the industry code and can't submit.

@CaroP Are you preparing a 2022 return or a return for a previous year?

cavarchan
Returning Member

I get the same error too while trying to file my 2022 return.

I have tried the following:

cavarchan
Returning Member

I received a TurboTax update today, but it made no difference.

I also tried industry code 414400, and it is still considered invalid.

@cavarchan If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

cavarchan
Returning Member

I called the support number, but cannot get past the AI.

When I say "industry code", the only options I am given are text message or e-mail.

When I say "customer support" or "phone support team", I am asked for a support ID.

What do I need to say to get to the phone support team?

cavarchan
Returning Member

I managed to reach the phone support team.

I had to say "industry code" to the AI, and then "no" when asked if I wanted information by text or e-mail.

The phone support agent asked me to share my screen through TurboTax, and we found that industry code 456191 worked for me.