Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to report the T5007 on Turbotax even though my spouse passed away last year, as the program says my spouse has to report it (due to spouse with higher income)

On this page, it says you only need the spouse with higher income to report it if the marital status is married, but my status is widowed: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/reporting-social-assistance-payments-how-they-affect-your-income-509...
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am unable to report the T5007 on Turbotax even though my spouse passed away last year, as the program says my spouse has to report it (due to spouse with higher income)

Sorry for your loss. If you were doing a spousal return last year, information may have been transferred to your return. In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

I am using TurboTax Online.  Even though I entered the information onto the T5007, the program automatically fixes the "error" for me at the end, and I am unable to override it.

Sorry for your loss. If you were doing a spousal return last year, information may have been transferred to your return. In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.