Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregrout

I bought the online version of TurboTax last year. I have CD version this year. I can login and it shows my tax return from last year, but won't let me access it.

The only option available to me is to start a new return for this year by purchasing another version. They have asking for my credit card down to a fine art. What blows my mind is that the CD version says I can get this information from the website. When I search "How to get last year's tax forms", the answer is blank. Is this company really this broken?!
1 Reply

I bought the online version of TurboTax last year. I have CD version this year. I can login and it shows my tax return from last year, but won't let me access it.

Unfortunately, you can't transfer TurboTax Online returns into TurboTax CD/Download. TurboTax Online can't create .tt files, which is what TurboTax CD/Download uses.

You can still print or download a PDF copy of your TurboTax Online return. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for instructions: In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I print a copy of my tax return?

You can also login directly to TurboTax Online 2020.