Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgregg2

I cannot find the form T2 SCH 6 E (21) "Summary of Dispositions of Capital Property (2011 and later tax years)" in my version of TurboTax Premier 2023

Won a lottery home - I'm told this is where I declare it
3 Replies

I cannot find the form T2 SCH 6 E (21) "Summary of Dispositions of Capital Property (2011 and later tax years)" in my version of TurboTax Premier 2023

Congratulations on winning a home. Unfortunately the T2SCH6 Summary of Dispositions of Capital Property is not available on the Premier version. You can download it from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and mail it in as an adjustment to your return for 2023.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

rgregg2

I guess my question would be why wouldn't intuit include this in their "premier" version.  Winning a lottery in no way reflects operating a Business.  Further the Premier version of Turbotax includes "For investments and rental properties", which better aligns to winning a lottery home than running a Business.  Downloading a supplemental form negates all the benefits of using your tax software and electronic filing.  If that's the best your answer is - this'll be the last year I buy your software.  

The T2 SCH 6 E (21) is in fact a business form which you were advised to use in this case. As per Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) it is a "Form for use by corporations that have disposed of capital property or claimed an allowable business investment loss, or both, in the taxation year." You may want to contact the CRA to verify if the information you received is correct.

Our Business Incorporated version does have the form you ask for if you wish to follow the advise you received about using the T2 SCH 6 E (21).

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.