Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I downloaded the 2017,2018 tax return program I downloaded for free how do I find the installation key for these programs?

i cant use the program
3 Replies

I downloaded the 2017,2018 tax return program I downloaded for free how do I find the installation key for these programs?

No it really didn’t because I’m still not sure I did the program that was like 40 but for free at 0 , so if I download and pay for the other program is it going to give me the installation key or will it be a issue like the free versions for 2017 , 2018 I just downloaded and can’t access the installation key for 

You will not have to pay for the free products, but no key will be generated for you unless you click the Buy button under the product and go through the order process. The same thing goes for TurboTax Online - even if you are doing a free return, you have to go through the payment steps, just to "confirm" your order.