Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I earned US revenue in 2022 as self-employment, what exchange rate can I use to convert revenue in Cdn dollar? Can I use avg US-CDN by BOC?

E.g. Jan 5 2022 US$2000, Mar 3 2022 US$1000, Jun 6 2022 US$1000 (total US$4000). Can I use an average 1.3013 average exchange rate published by BOC to convert into Canadian dollar or I have to use a specific exchange rate for that date to convert into Canadian dollar revenue?
3 Replies

I earned US revenue in 2022 as self-employment, what exchange rate can I use to convert revenue in Cdn dollar? Can I use avg US-CDN by BOC?

Please use the bank of Canada exchange rate.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Sorry which rate should I use? Daily rate or Monthly or Annual Rate? Can I use Annual Rate instead of daily rates?

As per our TurboTax FAQ: How do I report foreign income, pension, and other foreign amounts?

• If the amounts on your foreign income slip are reported in a foreign currency, convert them to Canadian dollars before entering them. If the amount was paid at various times throughout the year, use an average annual exchange rate.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.