Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I filed and paid my taxes earlier this year via paysimply and have the receipt to show for it but it still says I have the same balance owing?

3 Replies

I filed and paid my taxes earlier this year via paysimply and have the receipt to show for it but it still says I have the same balance owing?

You will need to contact the CRA at 1-800-959-8281 to make sure that it was sent to them as you requested. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

nic6666

I am in the same position.  Thank you for supplying the phone number.  I contacted them and they verified that my balance has been paid.

My problem now is that TurboTax for 2022 still doesn't recognize that the payment has been made and is bringing it forward to add to my Tax Owing.

How do I reset the "balance owning" to $0.

This may happen if you transferred your amounts from last years. You will need to start a new return and input your amounts manually.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.