Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had income from Ontario and a part form Quebec, however, I was resident of Ontario on 31 December 2022. Should I send returns to both Qc revenue agency and CRA?

3 Replies

I had income from Ontario and a part form Quebec, however, I was resident of Ontario on 31 December 2022. Should I send returns to both Qc revenue agency and CRA?

If you didn't live in Quebec during 2022, then you don't need to submit a Quebec tax return.

Hello, Thank you so much for your reply.

I actually did live in Quebec during 2022, Since January first to 30 Jun and then moved to Ontario (living from July first to December 31). should I mail my tax returns to Quebec revenue agency to get refund for the first six months of 2022, or CRA would be in charge for whole 2022? 

I would really appreciate if you could assist me.

Thank you.

Yasamin

You will simply complete your tax return saying you were living in Ontario as of December 31st and will not need to complete a separate Quebec. Make sure you enter every T-slip and releve's you have received.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.