Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moni336437
Returning Member

I have prepared my return but have not yet mailed it (i am a non resident), i would like to change my address and review before i submit.

however, i had hit the file button and now turbo tax has it on record that i have filed. can i change this ?
11 Replies

I have prepared my return but have not yet mailed it (i am a non resident), i would like to change my address and review before i submit.

Did you get a NETFILE confirmation number?

moni336437
Returning Member

I don't think so. because i can't efile as a non resident. if turbo tax has a netfile number i was not informed of it.

So what is saying that you have filed? Because unless you file using NETFILE, TurboTax will not say that you have filed, even if you have printed your return to mail.

moni336437
Returning Member

Thank you for answering my question. but i still cant change my return even though i have not mailed it.

this is the message on my screen .

YOUR FILED TAX RETURNS ARE SAVED HERE

I can view it, but not change it. 

The section at the bottom where it says "YOUR FILED TAX RETURNS ARE SAVED HERE" just contains PDF archives of your returns. You can't change those. You need to click on the "Continue" (>) button next to your return. Then you can select My Info > Contact Information from the left side menu to change your address.

moni336437
Returning Member

Thank you again for your response. Unfortunately, i seem to have deleted the return where i could have clicked on the "Continue" option.

Sorry to hear that. Thank you for the update. You may try to find out if the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has received your return by calling 1-800-959-8281. If you did and need to make changes, they can do them for you over the telephone if you ask them to make an adjustment for you.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

moni336437
Returning Member

they would not have received my return as i have not yet mailed it (being non resident). Would i be better off starting a new return or would Turbo Tax say that i have already filed ?

Though it is uncommon, some non-residents have been able to Netfile in the past depending on the information included in the return. This is why we are suggesting verifying if your return has been filed like you mentioned earlier in your posts. If it has, it would save you from starting and paying for filing another return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.