Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have used Basic for 10 years for joint tax filing for my wife & me, with donations & Medical expenses. In 2022, do I now need Premium Turbo times 2, @ a cost of $79.98

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have used Basic for 10 years for joint tax filing for my wife & me, with donations & Medical expenses. In 2022, do I now need Premium Turbo times 2, @ a cost of $79.98

Yes, Premier would cover everything for you. Although you can use "Deluxe" which is equivalent to the Standard which covers both medical expenses and donations.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

If you are still using Desktop/CD Download, you can used Standard for $34.99 for 8 returns included. If you choose to use our Online software instead of Desktop, you will then need to purchase TurboTax Deluxe at $20.99 per return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I think I got the answer, BUT, it recommended I use the "Standard" Turbo Tax, and according to your 2022 version names, there is no "Standard" version, so I assume you meant "Premier"? Regards Jim

Happy to hear you are on your way to filing your taxes.

Thank you, but I was hoping you would confirm that my needs would be served by "Premium" Turbo Tax, given that "Standard" no longer exists in 2022?

Yes, Premier would cover everything for you. Although you can use "Deluxe" which is equivalent to the Standard which covers both medical expenses and donations.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

I have used TurboTax Standard for years. The 2021 price was $27.99 when I ordered online and then received and downloaded the license code and I was able to do my family's taxes a total of 8 returns were done.

As I understand the pricing on your web page there is not a Standard version anymore and if I purchase the Deluxe version I need to pay $20.99 per return, quite the price difference from the 2021 price and 8 returns???

@landgrayfin

If you want to use TurboTax CD/Download for 2022, then Standard still exists. You can buy it from our website here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax/software/download

If you would prefer to use TurboTax Online, then some retail partners like Costco or Walmart sell multi-return packages of Deluxe and Premier. Please be aware that the price per return of TurboTax Online is based on what you enter in your return. So, if you do get a multi-return package, some returns still might require you to pay to upgrade the return.

WHAT ABOUT THE BASIC VERSION?

Please see our TurboTax link to our CD/Download software to verify if our Basic version will satisfy your needs: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax/software/download. Here you will be able to view the comparison of the versions we offer.