Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I mistakenly activated my 2023 Turbotax code with the wrong turbo tax account - how do I transfer it to my account from last year?

4 Replies

I mistakenly activated my 2023 Turbotax code with the wrong turbo tax account - how do I transfer it to my account from last year?

Unfortunately, once you have used your activation code in an account, it is locked to that account. 

Thank you for the quick reply!

I saw your reply to the original poster. I did the same thing (two of use the same computer but have our own turbo tax accounts--I accidentally logged in to the first account that came up, which is a business account). There is really no way to change it? I want to import my information from last year that is on my account. What suggestions do you have to help me? Thank you in advance.

Again, once you have used your activation code in an account, it is locked to that account.  There is no way to move returns between accounts either.