Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gervaib

If "Self-employment income" error fix has popped up in REVIEWS but I don't have "self employment" ticked off on income summary . Should I just "skip" errors????

5 Replies

If "Self-employment income" error fix has popped up in REVIEWS but I don't have "self employment" ticked off on income summary . Should I just "skip" errors????

If you have a T4A slip, if there is an amount on Box 020, Self-employed commissions or Box 048, Fees for services, they are considered Self-Employment income. You will have to fill out the Self-Employment section (T2125) in TurboTax. Click on the “Find” icon in the blue menu and search for “self”. Select “Self-Employment Summary” and then click the “Go” button.

More information on T4A Forms: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/understanding-t4a-forms-5527

sachitnm
Returning Member

I did every thing collectelly ( T4A box 28 , checked NO) 

Still having errors saying 'my province of business is different form my residence of business' which I don't even have business,

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Try the below as it worked for me.

Click on fix for the error. It will ask you to fill out business address. Fill out your address and then click continue. 

After that go to income on the left side of the menu> Go to self employment> Select the top most option, "Professional, Commissions Etc" and click continue> You will see, "T2125 Business Summary" > click delete and then confirm and then continue. After that go back to self employment summary on the left and unclick the "Professional, Commissions Etc" and click continue.

Go to review and warning to see if it got cleared.

kk33ova21

thank you very much