Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Carrying charges(i.e. investment fees) no longer included in Turbotax deluxe? I find it odd that features changes year to year.

3 Replies

Is Carrying charges(i.e. investment fees) no longer included in Turbotax deluxe? I find it odd that features changes year to year.

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

Online version.  I had yet to activate my 2022 Deluxe edition so not sure if that plays into things. Regardless, in order to continue it told me I would need to pay an additional fee (I don't recall at what stage I would need to actually  pay but it did quote the price of the deluxe and the upgrade cost to premier to use the function).

I guess I will find out for sure once I submit my taxes. Would be helpful to know if it should or should not be included so I know which product to buy ahead of time. 

If you are using TurboTax Deluxe and it is asking you to upgrade then going into premier- it will cover the following: Covers income and expenses from stocks, bonds, and cryptocurrency, Covers rental property income and expenses, Covers capital gains and losses and Handles foreign income.

It would ask you to pay the difference just before you go to review- and file your return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.